View Single Post
Old January 25, 2012, 08:45 PM   #36
SHR970

I've currently got 2 10/22's in the stable; both are heavily customized. My first 10/22 spent the first 8 years of its life stock. That barrel would not reliably feed Federal ammo for its life; my brothers had no issues with the same ammo. It also HATED yellow jackets and vipers (Rem.'s answer to the Stinger). It did alright with Rem. Golden Cyclone, and Thunderbolt; when you got batches that didn't have QC problems. It always liked CCI Blazer and other thatn the residue issue shot them pretty accurately. It LOVED Mini Mags and shot them almost as well as Wolf / SK Jagd match. It ran Stingers just fine also. It did well with Winchester Wildcat and Super X. It was also totally indifferent to Aguila; it ran them but they didn't group for [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color].

Others who have posted will have results that vary from mine...each rimfire is a law unto itself. You will be well served buying or aquiring a few diofferent 50 or 100 round boxes of ammo from various makers and types and find what your likes. When you get tired of the poor trigger pull caused by the new plastic trigger guard, consider either and after market unit (Timney or Volquartzen) or get a metal trigger guard from an older model and drop in sear, hammer and springs. Don't forget the trigger return plunger...you'll want the older metal one also.

The admonition of no Stingers comes from aftermarket barrel makers like Volquartzen, Magnum Research, et. al. That is because they have either Bentz or true Match chambers.

If / when you decide to customize the gun, start with the trigger group. Afterwards, think in terms of stock and barrel. If you go stock barrel first, you'llo probably be disappointed with your accuracy since you'll have a great barrel but lousy trigger. The stock barrels can be fairly accurate.

Page generated in 0.03575 seconds with 8 queries