View Single Post
Old June 30, 2020, 07:16 PM   #12
FireForged

Generally speaking, carrying several different kinds of primary guns which have varying nuances.. ie ( striker fired, hammer fired, safety, no safety, DA, SA, ambi controls, no ambi controls) seems like silly business if you are the least bit serious about self defense. Mixing multiple guns of varying types, styles and controls along with high stress vs muscle memory vs happenstance vs trained habit action- is simply creating a toxic crap shoot( IMO).

I dont consider the carrying of numerous rotating weapons to be a benefit at all but perhaps if you own them you have a wider knowledge of varying weapons which may benefit you in a circumstance where you are forced to use an unfamiliar weapon from a disarmed badguy or downed good guy. That is really a stretch but its a possibility.

I consider the whole idea of rotating carry weapons to be a hobbyist mentality or someone who see's guns are more of a bauble or accessory rather than a weapon. That may not be the case but that is what I tend to think.

I carry 2 guns, one in the summer and one in the winter. They are simply tools that I would prefer to never carry and never train with. I dont like them, do not enjoy them and do not consider them fun or entertaining. I come to these forums to talk about efforts to mitigate danger, crime and not to talk necessarily about guns. I realize that there are many hobbyists here and my comments are not intended to disparage them. I simply see no realistic worth in carrying half a dozen different guns and rotating them every other monday, sunday or during the new moon.

Last edited by FireForged; July 3, 2020 at 04:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 8 queries