View Single Post
Old June 10, 2018, 08:06 AM   #65
F. Guffey

or refuse to believe:

Quote:
I can't believe a case can become 'Locked' into a chamber so tightly that case stretch, or bullet departure and rearward recoil force can't dislodge it.
I've tried to move a bullet in a barrel after it was sized to the rifling (squib removal) and you have to use hydraulic force or a REALLY big hammer, and that's AFTER it's sized, just overcoming the interference fit between bullet & barrel.
Again: I like a chamber that reflects the image of the rifling in the barrel. I do not want cross hatching and or spiral cuts; I understand most believe a rough surface has more grip, not me. I prefer a 100% contact, when it comes to case hold in the chamber nothing says it better than 100% contact between the case and chamber than 100%.

And there are all of those PSIs, 10s of thousands of them, what is the infatuation with greasing your bullet, case and chamber if not for the case locking onto the chamber wall? Slide and glide shooters thought it was a great way to fire form cases. One of the ugliest threads ever was committed on a bench rester forum. That one went for 40 pages, there was no room for decency; the winner? The winner was the most rude, vulgar and in my opinion based on my observation the most socially dysfunctional. All of those that could be intimidated were afraid of him and that made him worst. If a poster did not agree with him he would insult the poster until the poster.... it should not have been that way.

He was anti-grease your bullet, case and chamber.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03506 seconds with 8 queries