View Single Post
Old November 22, 2018, 11:14 AM   #29
FireForged

Quote:
So good for cops, bad for "citizens. Sounds like something a liberal would come up with. If documentation reduces a LEOs liability, then it does the same for everyone else.
Marko.. professional LEOs are not held to a laymans standard to begin with and neither are medical professionals. Professionals are expected to have a certain knowledge base and having less can be seen as negligent. If involved in a unpleasant legal entanglement why would a citizen want to be held to a higher standard regarding their decisions or actions? I am curious

I am a huge proponent of training but I am not going to wave a flag made of training certificates or beg someone to filter my action by means of anything other than a common mans standard.

Among many reasons, LEOs generally keep records of their training because 1. There is a required standard to training which is mandated by law. 2. A person or organization can be expected to maintain a certain competence in regards to tasks they are expected ( as a matter of duty) to perform. Essentially, "I am performing a job and I know what I am doing". 3. More training generally fosters less bad decisions and higher potential to handle complex situation is a manner conducive to a positive outcome for everyone, thereby avoiding unpleasant legal entanglements and bolstering public esteem.

Last edited by FireForged; November 22, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 8 queries