View Single Post
Old March 7, 2014, 07:01 AM   #81
Elerius

I don't own rifles so I don't know a whole lot about that aspect of them. But I used to work in armed security and from all the people I worked with that I still keep in contact with, none of them declared their hi cap pistol magazines. I don't even know anyone who has.

I don't see the lack of compliance surprising given that the same thing happened in New Jersey. It was my understanding that the reason your hi cap mags could be grandfathered in here in CT was to avoid the embarrassment of having nobody turn them over, but they're still having the same problem anyways.

While amusing to me, I don't see any actual use coming of the noncompliance. There are countless cases where political forces just don't get the hint and stubbornly persist in maintaining the laws that everybody ignores and this might just be another one. I have little hope that voting in better politicians is a useful strategy because there are still too many people that don't care about supporting gun rights. What I have more faith in is the single individual that can finally get to SCOTUS with a blanket case on infringement of the 2nd amendment and win, like that one arrow that hits the dragon in exactly the right spot to kill it and thus slapping down the efforts of all states and cities to pass these restrictions. If anything comes my way legally, I'll be joining the lines of people trying to get that far in court.

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries