View Single Post
Old December 14, 2013, 06:57 PM   #61
HKFan9

I look at it like you will never be 100% prepared, if its your time, its your time.

The other way I look at these situation is a comment I heard in a knife fighting class, any knife fight you ever get into, expect to be cut. In that situation most people will say give the bad guy what they want and they should go away. For reasons such as your friends story, that doesn't sit too well with me all things considered. Like others have stated, there are gun grabs, and movement techniques, always a last ditch effort but it could mean the difference in life or death. I would expect if you were going to fight back in that situation that you will get hurt... but being hurt even severely is a whole lot better than being dead.

A friend of my fathers who was a LEO survived two such scenarios. The person held the firearm out at him, he did not have time to initially draw, the first time was a revolver, he managed to grab the gun and he held onto it as tight as he could and wrenched the guys wrist while they fell to the ground. Luckily with a revolver a person has more than enough strength to hold the cylinder, not letting it rotate to fire, still something I would never wanna attempt.

The other was a semi auto, he grabbed the gun, the guy actually managed to get the shot off, wounding my fathers friends hand/arm, but since he had his hands on it, the gun jammed, and he came out with his life that night.

Page generated in 0.02806 seconds with 8 queries