View Single Post
Old December 7, 2009, 02:17 PM   #2
sholling

I don't mean to thread crap but there are other opinions on this device. I have one and it went in a drawer after a few days and I bought a real GPS. Don't get me wrong there are uses for it but it didn't fit my needs. I found that the electronic compass feature barely worked (sloooooow to react to direction change) and that it was too slooooow to react and inaccurate to be much use for finding a small car in a very large and crowded mall parking lot - something it's advertised for. It'll get you in the general area (100' or so) but that's about it. It's so sloooooow to react that it can be confusing to use. Perhaps they've fixed these bugs since I bought mine - it was one of the first sold to the general public but this was my experience with it. If you want one for your wife I'll give you a great deal on it.

What it is good for is finding your way back to your camp site or favorite fishing hole. Someplace where you can walk far enough to let it get its bearings and close is good enough. They should probably be standard issue to kids when camping.

Last edited by sholling; December 7, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.03783 seconds with 8 queries