Thread: new guy here!
View Single Post
Old December 24, 2005, 06:31 PM   #9
jc121

Buy the ar15 and do not look back. Your skills will advance faster with it.
It is a different animal than the M1A and takes a slightly different hold for most positions. Do not confuse yourself or get any bad habits. Now does the above average expert that used to shoot a M1A. Is he better after he changed over to a AR15. I would say he should see big improvements.
Why go a couple of years of struggling when if you practice you may make master in under 3 years with the ar instead of 3 years to make expert.

Here is a example of what you may see. A person who has not shot a M1A in matches will struggle using one for the first time after using a ar15 for his service rifle shooting. Now you take the M1A shooter and he will not lose much switching over to a ar15.
I used the M1A for around 10 years back in the 80's and like 1991. Got back into service rifle back in the fall of 01 and shot my first match in jan 02. Then in oct of 04 I shot a friends M1a in a 30 cal state championship match and still managed to shoot a master score XTC with it. It felt good to shoot it but it also felt really wierd also. Nice to pick up a rifle after like 11 years and shoot a master score.

Buy the ar15.
John at white oak is a good guy to deal with but you will not lose much with the rra's

Page generated in 0.02414 seconds with 8 queries