View Single Post
Old March 2, 2019, 11:23 AM   #38
sigxder

Nonverbal interview would be the classic guy hanging out trying not to look to obvious. Leaning on a wall and say acting like he's talking on phone. The whole time scanning. If you make eye contact he will usually look away. Or you may catch them looking to long at someone. Often your gut will tell you something is wrong here. He's looking for the obvious signs that say easy victim.
Walking with short steps with head down. Or having on ear buds, talking on your cell phone, just oblivious to what is going on around you. Looking for an easy mark. Might start to follow after victim is selected. Just a few examples.
Give you an example of a blatant example. It was not verbal. And it involved testing the victims reactions. Years ago I was teaching some students Martial Arts. One of the young ladies was very attractive and worked at a restaurant.
I guy they hired started going up to the different waitresses. Giving them a pinch. And seeing their reaction. One of the girls cried. My student gave him a good kick and whacked him in the head with a serving tray.
He was fired and walked out of the place of business. He waited that night and attacked the girl that had been timed and afraid. He was testing them to see who would or would not put up resistance.
Verbal I can give you an example that happened recently here. At a local market attached to gas station a man was hanging around in the store and approaching people telling them he was short of money and needed a few bucks. He said he was "trying to do right. Bu his friends had encouraged him to get a tree branch and hit people in the head". It was a form of strong arming in a manner. But it was a threat of violence to see how you would respond. One of the more overt ones.

Page generated in 0.02498 seconds with 8 queries