View Single Post
Old May 11, 2019, 10:34 AM   #47
KyJim

Quote:
There are variations of grip.There are other good vids.
IMO,Mr Jerry M has had some practice and what he does works.
The interesting point is that Jerry points out that when shooting a semi-auto, if your non-dominant hand isn't very tired after 200 rounds, you are not using it correctly to control muzzle rise. This is from a man who has literally shot millions of rounds.

For me, a typical range trip runs 100-150 rounds of mostly 9mm or mostly .45 acp, depending on the trip (some revolver shooting thrown in, too). After 150 rounds, I get shooter's fatigue and accuracy goes down. My physical strength is only average because I sit at a desk all day and, when I go to the gym, I focus on cardio. I'm not worried about high round counts or shooting .500 SW Magnum, etc. The measure of a man is more than shooting the biggest gun or throwing the most lead downrange.

As far as a 500-round break-in, I've only heard of that for a Baer 1911. I do believe in a break-in/familiarization period of about 250 rounds for any 1911. However, I will put 100 to 150 rounds through a new 1911 in one session, then take it back and clean and lube it. While doing this, I'll inspect it for any unusual wear. That's just my protocol, however.

Page generated in 0.02114 seconds with 8 queries