View Single Post
Old August 3, 2009, 12:29 AM   #17
fastforty

I've had a Surefire 6P for a long time, upgraded with CREE 290 Lumen LED bulb. Yep, they are *instantly* blinding.

Last week I picked up a 2 pack of "TechLites" from Costco for $20 (batteries included). They claim 160 Lumens and take 3 standard AAA batteries. They seem pretty well made, with nice aluminum bodies. They have pretty bright LED's, but not as painfully bright as the 290 Lumen models. The adjustable focus leaves a lot to be desired and you have to cycle through all of the options on the tailcap to turn it off (maybe that can be modified to on/off). Ooops, just discovered that if you hold the button down for about 1 second, it will come on at full power & turn off when the button is released. For 10 bucks batteries included, you can't beat them.

*Update:
I just got up the 'nads to point one at my face & turn it on for an *instant*. They are pretty dang bright. It took away my center focal area for about a minute & left a bright green bullseye in the center of my vision when I closed my eyes for about 5 minutes. (Aint gonna do THAT again, LOL)

From the package: Costco number 406343, (can't get it to come up on a site search though).

CREE XRE LED 160 lumen
3xAAA (6 provided in blister pack)
Water Resistant - 30 minutes at 1 meter
Vacuum plated reflector.
Polycarbonate lens
Adjustable Focus ring - spotlight to flood.
Aircraft Grade Anodized Aluminum
Shockproof to 1 Meter
Wrist Lanyard

MultiFuntion cap switch
- Constant Current
- 50% & 100% output modes
- Emergency Strobe mode
- Cap light indicator at 20% battery life.
- Momentary switch for immediate light

Last edited by fastforty; August 3, 2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: info

Page generated in 0.02536 seconds with 8 queries