View Single Post
Old June 26, 2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Wild Bill Bucks

Sorry about late return guys, wife had honeydews.

So far I haven't found anything a hog won't eat or can't digest, the ones that are eating my PVC are going to die, but it won't be from PVC poisoning

FF. This isn't a good way to have a long term set-up, but mostly I only get to hunt a week-end, so if we dig it on a Friday, after work, it will serve it's purpose for a couple of days hunting. It generally takes friday night to start smelling enough to bring them to it.
Don't buy the good stuff, we get our PVC from a junk yard or a plumber or someone who puts in septic tanks. Most of the time they always have some scrap left, and will give it to you to get rid of it.
We used to just scatter a bunch of feed on the ground, and that works, but they tend to eat it all up when we're away from the stand.

According to the dirt you dig in, you can dig it out in a matter of 1/2 and hour, start to finish,(Don't mean to make it sound easy, cause it ain't)
that's why we do it on a friday afternoon, so we can rest a little afterward

Guys in Texas have a good idea, but I seldom get to hunt more than a couple of days at a time. I rarely hunt the same spot more than a couple of times, as the hogs figure you out pretty quick. If I kill 2 a week-end I feel like I've had a pretty succesful hunt, but some guys shoot as many as 6 or 7, according to how thick the hogs are.

Page generated in 0.02663 seconds with 8 queries