Thread: British .303
View Single Post
Old July 16, 1999, 02:50 PM   #1
HM3

Hey everyone!

Did my occasional prowling around the local area gunshops and found a SMLE IVMk1(f) made in October 1948. Her serial number is PF53355.

Someone, I guess the previous owner, had "butcherized" her, but for $80 she demanded a look. Her bore was shiny, almost pristine, and her bluing had hardly faded! Her bolt was smooth as glass and when I threw her up to my shoulder, I found she fit me almost perfectly! No rust, not anywhere. She also has the micrometer peep sights that are fully ajustable out to 1300 meters.

Well, I had to do what any man would do when he's met an irresistable beauty; I made her mine. Put her on 60 day layaway. After I parted with the requisite amount of cash, I was told that several people had looked at her in the week she was at the store, and professed a deep interest in her, but they all said that she would be there until her next payday. WRONG! :->)

I can hardly wait to bring her home. The only thing is, it's gonna be hard to explain to my wife why there is another "woman" in the house!

BTW, any plans for getting a Swede M96 have now been thwarted.

For those of you who are experts on the SMLE, please tell me a little about my new girlfriend!

Thanks
Steve

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 8 queries