View Single Post
Old August 28, 2011, 12:17 AM   #1
Eagle Eye

Improving sight acquisition on Taurus PT 738 TCP

First some ground rules: Please don't tell me the pistol is no good and to just trade it. This is one of my favorite pocket pistols. I am seeking serious suggestions.

I can consistently hit within about 8 inches from the hip using a finger point along the slide to aim at about 10 meters. This is not bad for a quick first tap. However as I acquire sight picture for second tap, I can get much more accurate at that distance -- about 4 inches, which is not bad for such a shorty. The problem is that in other than real bright light or if aiming from bright light to a dark target, is is very difficult to quickly get a good picture.

I have tried paint dots on sights and that helps some. I have tried black sights with white dots and white sights with red dots for example. This latter helps some, but is not real durable and still not ideal.

I am open to suggestions. These stubby stainless sights on a stainless frame are just hard to quickly and accurately acquire.

Any serious suggestions? Remember, sell it is not an option. It works, it is small, I like it otherwise and it is a great hip shooter but that is not the best placement option and in my opinion should not be used for self defense unless speed is more critical than accuracy in a particular circumstance.

What do you all think?

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries