View Single Post
Old June 30, 2013, 05:50 PM   #25
Onward Allusion

Verbal Clint
Stay at home mom crisis plan
<SNIP>My wife and I have 3 kids (Daughters - 7 and newborn, son - 2) and are moving the family to a nice suburb outside of Houston<SNIP>. My wife will be staying home with the kids during the day while I work<SNIP>. We will have an alarm<SNIP>...<SNIP>

Like some others have pointed out; a gun is of no use if you can't get to it. Also, having little ones around, getting to a secured gun is harder. Have your wife wear the gun while at home. I've said this so many times that I'm sick of hearing myself but I carry a mouse gun at home (P32) to let me get to a bigger gun elsewhere in my home. My wife does the same. I carry mine pretty much during all waking hours. It is so unobtrusive that I do not know it is there 90%+ of the time. Also, 99%+ of the time, no one else knows you are carrying either.

As for having an alarm system and not having it armed, I ask - WHY? That's the purpose of an alarm system, even during the day while one is at home. If one is outside on their property, then refer back to my 1st paragraph.

Wearing a gun allows your wife to not worry about the kids getting into anything. It also allows her to get to her gun immediately. It's also pretty darn hard for a rugrat to take it from her w/o her knowledge.

BTW, I suggest redacting some of the details you've written in your post.

Page generated in 0.02713 seconds with 8 queries