View Single Post
Old December 27, 2011, 09:51 AM   #15
pgdion

yes you do ...

Quote:
I've never used one of these. You don't actually hit the bullets do you?
Yep, you actually hit the bullet with the hammer.

Not directly but you do whack it. In the second picture, the cartridge (with primer and powder in it) goes in the bottom of the silver cylinder (on the right), then you drop the bullet in the top, next you take the part that looks like a T and insert the long thin rod down the shaft of the cylinder (on top of the bullet), The rod is adjustable in length to control the seating depth of the bullet.

Next you take the hammer on the left and give the top of it a decent wack. I use one firm hit to start seating the bullet properly and then a series of smaller taps until it is fully seated. The hard rubber end is good for seating bullets and I like the plastic end for seating the primers. The shaft of the driving rod is cupped on the end to fit round nose bullets and not deform them. However I have been loading flat point bullets lately and haven't had any issues despite the imperfect match between the driving rod and the bullet tip.

You you don't mind the slow process, these little kits actually do a really good job.

Page generated in 0.03195 seconds with 8 queries