View Single Post
Old February 27, 2000, 12:00 PM   #14
DAL

I've got a Russian Makarov (9x18) that I wouldn't trade for (almost) anything. It's reliable and accurate, and I got it new for a song. I have yet to have any FTF with this pistol, although I have had a few instances of the slide failing to lock after the last round, but I believe this is due to a magazine fault.

I'll be getting at least one more Makarov in the future, and it'll probably be a Bulgarian model. These guns would be great to (safely, please) stash in different areas around the homestead (one near the front door, one near the back door, one in the bedroom, one in the garage, one under a car seat, one in the trunk, etc.), and they're priced so you can do it without breaking the bank.

One thing to remember about these guns is that they are not civilian pistols. I know that after shooting a couple/three boxes of ammo I can feel the Makarov's recoil in my wrist more than other pistols, but they are still damned fine guns. There are many more ergonomically correct pistols out there, but you are going to pay a lot more for them.

Come to think of it, I'll probably buy two more Makarovs this year: one more for myself, and one for my best friend.

Sorry I can't help you more in your quest for info. on Bulgarian Makarovs. But, if Bulg. Maks. are anywhere near as reliable as Russian Maks., you should be happy with one.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.
GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, NRA

[This message has been edited by DAL (edited February 27, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries