View Single Post
Old May 24, 2018, 09:46 PM   #16
5whiskey

I also don't fit. I put over 10 in my lifetime, and that is at least semi-accurate. I am law enforcement, a firearms instructor, and have went to several formal classes in the military. None-the-less, my "formal" certificate-bearing classes probably number around 6 or 7. My informal classes (which did include an instructor or instructing, but weren't "formal" per se) plus my formal classes probably approach near 20. Yes, I'm aware basic PMI at boot camp doesn't really count. But I went to coaches course, the Acog Instructor class, and 2 or 3 other informal trainings in the Marine Corps. I have been to several formal courses, with certificates, in law enforcement... including instructors course. I have been to numerous informal courses in law enforcement and the National Guard (I get to shoot at Camp Butner's 1k yard range semi-frequently). I'd say my training is 60% rifle and 40% pistol.

None-the-less, I still don't feel like I've attended a ton of training. That being said, 90% of the time when I go to a public range I'm either the best shooter there or there is one guy that is about on par with me. Once in a while I'll go to the range and a hard-corp competition guy comes up to the line and it feels like night and day though. I always try to pick the brain of shooters that are obviously better than me. Why? I'm not special, but I have been doing this a long time and am pretty good at it. When someone is clearly much better than I am, I am impressed and I want to tell them that. And ask how the do it so I can get better (which works btw, had a guy help me improve speed shooting a fair bit last year with one simple trick)

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Page generated in 0.02312 seconds with 8 queries