View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 07:22 AM   #8
rodfac

Here's one...a 1943 Remington Rand 19111A1...the trigger is almost two stage, like an '03's or Garand, but with a good let off...smooth all the way through. It has all original parts to include the barrel with no work on anything. It was about 98% condition when I bought it 15 years ago, and may have been one of the old DCM guns from the early 60's. If so, it may not have ever been issued...I base that on the condition overall, especially the bore.

So, how accurate? It'll keep with my Wilson re-barreled and slide tweaked Colt Series 70's...with 66 yo eyes doing the steering, it'll hold less than 2" gps at 25 yds, with my 35 yo former Marine MP son doing the steering from a seated rest, it'll cut one ragged hole at the same distance...

I take great joy hauling it out on the range, letting the younger guys with whiz bang, tricked out and over-priced "race guns" handle it, then punching a magazine full through the same hole from the 15 yd line...it's an old horse, but a good one...

Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03086 seconds with 8 queries