View Single Post
Old February 10, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3
mykeal

To be sure of getting the right threads on the nipples, take one to a local hardware store and ask them to check the thread specs. They should have a gauge that you (or they) can screw the nipple into that will prove what they are. Once you know the proper thread specs you can greatly narrow down the search for nipples to just finding the right length. Unfortunately, that's the hard part, as none of the nipple manufacturers, nor the sutlers, specify the cone length. If you call Track of the Wolf customer service they may be able to measure stock and help you that way. I suspect the Log Cabin Shoppe or Dixie Gun Works would also help that way.

I believe those threads are 12X28; I have a 2nd Gen 1862 Pocket Navy that uses those threads but it's a smaller frame gun so they might not be the same. The overall length of the nipples in my gun are 0.436", but I'm pretty sure that's too short for yours. You probably need nipples closer to .500" overall length - 0.300" cone length. Treso p/n 11-50-16's are pretty close to that, so if your above search is unsuccessful, I'd get a set of those.

For screws, get a set of Colt SAA screws from Dixie Gun Works or Brownell's. That's as close as you're going to get.

For positive ID, look for Sam Colt's name and address on top of the barrel.

Page generated in 0.02263 seconds with 8 queries