View Single Post
Old June 16, 2011, 03:09 AM   #9
MLeake

concealing an L-frame in a mild climate is not a big deal, as long as you are not weight sensitive.

I've seen an L frame that Tom Servo used to carry, and I can vouch for the fact that he is much, much slighter than 200lbs. Please note that he indicated an L isn't too hard to carry, and he lives in a significantly warmer part of the country than WI.

I've carried a GP100 (takes the same holsters as L frames) and a S&W Mountain Gun (N frame) without any major difficulty in GA and NC, again, warmer than WI.

Now, if the OP were asking solely for a CCW revolver, something smaller might make more sense (and I normally CCW either a 3" Model 13 K frame or a 442 J frame, when in revolver mode; BTW I also find the K frames point the best). But the OP specified three uses for one revolver: home defense, woods carry, and CCW - assuming the bill passes, and doesn't make it too difficult to get the permit.

For that combination, I personally would rule out the J frames. I'd go with anything from the 3" SP101 to a 3" or 4" K frame to the 686 the OP is already looking at.

Just realize that the L will be heavier than the other options, and slightly larger than the other options, and so will be a bit more difficult to carry and conceal. A bit more difficult is nothing like impossible, and may not even be impractical.

But, the heavier the gun, the better quality the belt and holster you will want.

Page generated in 0.03052 seconds with 8 queries