Thread: Astra 400 help
View Single Post
Old February 4, 2009, 05:27 PM   #4
juanjo27

You're welcome hodaka !

I forgot to mention the website http://www.9mmlargo.com/

I don't know if you already heard about it, but it's a very well done american site dedicated to spanish 9mm largo guns, and there you may find information about suppliers of parts for astra 400 and other vintage spanish guns.

May I abuse and ask you something ? Well, I own a old astra 400 navy model that has been in my family for more than 70 years (it was my grand father's service pistol during the spanish civil war in 1936/1939...). It becomes very difficult to find out 9mm largo ammo here in europe and I would like to start reloading some cartridges, but I only shoot this heirloom a few times a year, so I don't want to invest too much in a reloading press and die set just to reload a few cartridges. I'm thinking about purchasing online a LEE classic hand loader kit, but as far as I know there is no specific reference of this kit for 9mm largo (9X23). The closest version LEE offer is for 9mm luger (9X19).

Did you hear about these classic lee loader kits (they seem to be quite popular in USA) and do you know if it's possible to reload 9X23 with one of these kits sized for 9X19 ?

Thanks in advance for your help and...God blessTexas !! (I've been working and living in Austin for several months a couple of years ago and I keep a wonderful souvenir of this land !)

Page generated in 0.03336 seconds with 8 queries