View Single Post
Old January 3, 2009, 12:14 PM   #9
CraigC

Quote:
Why does most everyone consider the 22WMR expensive to shoot when they may take a box or two of 38spl ammo out and just blast it away like it is nothing?
I can't figure it out. Most people seem to unfairly compare it to the .22LR and rather than praise it for everything it can do, they cry about what it cannot. Which is how the story goes with so many things. The .22Mag is a wonderful cartridge in both rifle and pistol but suffers from misjudgement at every turn. You get a real jacketed 40gr bullet at far greater velocity that kills all out of proportion to its paper ballistics. It ain't a plinking round and was never meant to be but it gets the job done affordably. Time spent at the reloading bench can be spent shooting, or hunting.

I've had the hots for an 8 3/8" M48 for years. I had a 6" 648 that I traded off for some stupid reason. I know where two M48's are sitting at a shop in Florida that I need to grab. Don't bother asking me where, it's my little secret.

As the others have said, if what you want is a .22LR, you need to pass on the 48 and wait for a 17.

Page generated in 0.03075 seconds with 8 queries