View Single Post
Old October 9, 2022, 12:07 PM   #56
HiBC

I'll say it again. The pic above of the Uvalde SWAT Team LOOKS impressive.
They spent the money.
They probably have at least a step van to transport in. Likely 1000 yd rifles,rangefinders ,spotting scopes.

And we can assume they did range days and drills. Maybe went to training schools.

Training is good but its only effective when it is combined with decisions and action. Whether it is a picture perfect SWAT Team or an Army of One.

Once again, 2007,New Life Church, Colorado Springs, a heavily armed nut case went into a church to rack up a body count.
An armed ex cop was in the congregation as authorized security. When the killer entered the building shooting,casualties in the parking lot, this petite Woman with her sidearm headed into the gunfire and dropped the killer with the AR-15. I'm leaving her name out because she does not want attention.

These killers are not typically Delta Force. They are coward punks shooting unarmed kids. Confronted by one "Good Guy" who shoots back, its not unusual for them to choose a quick suicide.

Parkland? Klebold and Harris? Sandy Hook? This punk at Uvalde? Had they been to Thunder Ranch or Gunsite? Ranger School? No. They were punk wannabes who might have watched video games and posted selfies.

And I think any one,or better two beat cops with the arms in most patrol cars and the training most cops get would be fully capable of heading toward the gunfire and stopping the murder of children.
Dangerous? YES!! Could they get killed? YES!! But beat cops face that every day. DV calls,traffic stops. Getting ambushed gassing up.

At least in an active shooter scenario, the element of surprise is mitigated.
The Officer (S) can go in 100% on their toes. Even if they get hit, unless its a CNS hit,with body armor there is a good chance the bad guy can get hole punched.
SWAT is good. But one or two determined beat cops can stop the killing.So can an armed Custodian or Teacher. The time thing. That might save 5 or 10 kids. Thats what we are talking about. Its often one wimpy coward punk who just bought an AR or AK or shotgun for his fantasy.

One more thought. Looking at the pic of the Uvalde SWAT Team... I have no doubt they are well trained,well equipt volunteers who were there because they wanted to be.

As some famous military leader pointed out,

"There are no poor units. Only poor leaders"

A failure the scope of Uvalde is almost certainly a failure of command.

Officers who were willing and able to intervene were forced to stand down.

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries