Thread: 9mm for the $
View Single Post
Old February 8, 2014, 02:04 PM   #7
tahunua001

well I personally believe that the XDM is the best around for $600 and lower. the problem is that you are very vague with your request so there is very little I can do to help without a little more information.

are you only looking for striker fired guns like the glock or are you open to double action/single action hammer fired guns as well?

is this your first semi auto handgun or do you own others?

are you a resident of CA, NY, or other area that restricts the kind of handguns a law abiding citizen can own?

do you have any experience with other handguns and were those positive or negative?

for DA/SA, the Beretta PX4 is the gun I recommend most for under $500, the only other DA/SA gun that I've used that I thought was better was the Sig Sauer M11 but those are spendy, usually starting at $850.

for striker fired guns the Ruger SR9 is a good buy at $400 and given good maintenance can be very accurate and reliable. however many people seem to be moving away from the mindset that a manual safety selector is bad for a handgun and go out and buy a glock instead for that reason. as I stated earlier, the Springfield XDM is my favorite, but apparently a lot of people are moving away from the mindset that a passive grip safety is a bad thing and go out and buy a glock instead. so if you are a guy that thinks that the only safety you'll ever need is keeping your finger off the trigger then by all means go out and buy a glock...

I personally have read too many stories of guys whos glocks have gone off while still in the holsters because something went wrong to ever own one and carry it myself. I am guessing since you want service/intermediate size that you probably aren't planning on carrying concealed but that is one thing to take into consideration. with a glock all it takes is something to get inside the trigger guard to comepletely disengage all those safety features in the "safe action pistol".

Page generated in 0.02597 seconds with 8 queries