View Single Post
Old May 10, 2013, 09:18 AM   #29
Barbicatter

This thread caught my attention, being a left handed, short statured female shooter (5'-2"). Like the OP I've been looking for a rifle to fit me. I'm more confortable with pistols because I have yet to find a rifle or shotgun that is both designed left handed and reduced lenght (w/o extra cost and special order)

To me the lenght of pull is more important, as long as the cheek rest is ambidexterious. As for the operation of the action, I've long since adapted and overcome. With a bolt action, I control the ejection of the hot cartiridge, it doesn't matter to me which side it's on. However it's makes more of a difference when shooting semiautos no one likes hot brass flying at you. This is a fact of life for most left handed shooters Thank goodness my RR AR has a built in deflector and place the brass Forward Right of me everytime.

I do have a lefthanded .22LR Savage but I never shoot it because the stock is too long.
Just my 2 cents. I'm going to keep my I on this thread, it will give me some good pointers next I go shopping.

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries