View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 10:55 AM   #5
LSP972

NOPD traded the Berettas for Glock 17s before Katrina.

As an interesting aside, a former NOPD 92F was used in a homicide in Kalifornia, circa 2005 or so, which caused a HUGE sh^t-storm. Never mind that it had been properly "accounted for"- all legal paperwork had been transacted, etc.; it was a former police gun and the hand-wringers came out of the wood work, bleating about "How could this happen???"

IIRC, the individual who purchased it from the vendor who made the swap was quickly tracked down, and had sold the pistol to another individual, where of course the trail went cold.

But one aspect of the fall-out impacted me negatively. Our colonel went total knee-jerk and ordered the immediate turn-in of all seized weapons that had been adjudicated, assigned to the department, and issued out. I had a cherry Glock 17, taken from a drug mule, that I was planning to purchase from the department upon retirement. So much for that idea.

I was still able to purchase my issue Sig; but all the seized guns were destroyed. In addition to that G17, I had a really nice S&W M-12 AirWeight snubby. It went to the furnace too...

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 8 queries