Thread: S/A versitility
View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 11:57 AM   #1
ZVP

S/A versitility

I have owned and carried S/A revolvers all my life and am convinced that this style makes for the ideal trail gun.
I carry either a Ruger Single Six or a Ruger Vaquero .357. Both revolvers give a broad range of ammo suitability , the Single Six handles anything from CB Caps to snake loads in the LR cylinder (and any of dozens of regular .22 lr, short and long ammo) plus the additional Magnum cylinder doubles as a fine hunting/ self defense caliber!
The Vaquero is likewise versitile and you needen't change cylinders to go from .38Specisl to .357 Magnums.
Both revolvers pack and point naturally and don't weigh too much to ride on the hip or in a sholder holster all day. I just bought a copy of a 1880's sholder rig for the Vaquero and love it! The weight is suspended so's you don't even notice anything but a little bulk under your arm, and it's totally out of the way of a rifle or shotgun!
Flawless function, reliability and proven dependability are what a S/A has going for it. In this day ofmaybe actually NEEDING a weapon along the trail to fend off feral dog packs or even 2 legged vermin you can bet your life (and your family's) on a single action!
BPDave

Page generated in 0.03175 seconds with 8 queries