View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 05:15 PM   #8
m&p45acp10+1

The load I was using I can load hotter if I want with more Trail Boss. I forgot exactly how much I could get into a case witout compressing it. I have it in my notes. I followed Hodgdon's directions with a dummy round, and an emty case marking it with a dry erase marker at where the case owuld be full without compressing the load.

Note I read on Hodgdon's site that 13.0 grains is a max load for trap door rifles.

I have some other powders if choose to load hotter later on. As of now I am happy with what I use. The only thing I am doing with it is punching holes in paper out to 100 yards. Most times it is 25 or 50 to make things easier on my eyes with iron sights. At 100 yards I shot a few 5 shot groups that were around 3 inches. Which is about as good as I can do with irons.

My .38 special loads with Trail Boss had an SD of about 10 FPS with an ES of under 40 FPS for 24 rounds. 21 of 24 were 715 to 720 fps.

Page generated in 0.02560 seconds with 8 queries