Thread: Marlin vs Rossi
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 08:49 AM   #13
COSteve

Rossi hands down because the Rossi's look more like the classic Win '92, have a stronger, smoother action, and are easy to slick up with an action/trigger job with Steve Young's kit and DVD HERE. Also, they were used extensively by the Duke in his movies in lieu of the more expensive Win '92s and held up very well. Both my 357mag rifle and carbine are a ton of fun to shoot and accompany me to the range almost every time. In addition, with 158grn Zero JSP bullets and a healthy dose of H110, my rifle is accurate enough to shoot bowling pins out at 300yds and clay pigeons out at 200yds with just the tang and globe sight pictured below. I've even shot at steel plates out at 500yds with the rifle and remember, that's using a blunt nose pistol bullet.

My carbine sights limit me to 8" plates at 175yds but that's only because of my old eyes rather than the carbine's accuracy as my son has gone after the bowling pins at 300yds with it too. Further, handloading 357mag is cheaper than buying 22mag ammo and you can load them from lowly mouse fart 125grn rounds all the way up to 200grn hunting screamers! Truly an amazing caliber that comes alive in a levergun.

Page generated in 0.03051 seconds with 8 queries