View Single Post
Old January 22, 2009, 11:05 AM   #35
bclark1

Quote:
So me dressed as Rambo in my house...grenades and .50 cal machine gun, lets throw in the bazooka in there also....is that paranoid? or you just gonna write that off as protecting my self?
If it's legal and you can handle it responsibly (and afford it), I'm going to try to become your new best friend, 'cause that's pretty cool. But again, you're really doing a disservice to gun owners by conceding that stereotype to those that would take our firearms away. That sort of thinking is exactly where we get killed in public opinion. Because we're all just a bunch of dumb, redneck, wannabe operators, right?

Dental student in Indianapolis always rags on Cleveland, but I never put forth the claim that I was in the green zone. I generally try to stay prepared regardless.

Quite frankly I almost think a home invasion would be more frightening than an encounter in the street because you have much more to lose and much less chance of a passerby assisting or calling the police. But I'm not saying that you should feel the same way. You attenuate your defense to suit your own tolerances. I just don't think you should criticize someone else for doing what makes them comfortable so long as they're not doing anything illegal or dangerous.

Page generated in 0.02642 seconds with 8 queries