View Single Post
Old November 8, 2008, 08:42 AM   #7
WadePatton

Mebbe there are some other threads on the Bounty Hunter or clones with transfer bar/rebounding pin safety mechanisms, but this is the first one that popped up AND it's on a forum I familiar with.

SO, here's my deal. I got my pair back when, went out and shot a competition with them. Came home with sore fingers (okay I'm embellishing) and promptly yanked the grips and commenced to filing on the springs...years pass.

One of the springs has broken in the safe-gun was left cocked as I still wasn't happy with the pull. So I resolve to do the job proper, make a new spring--which feels great. Went to test fire the arm (never happened after original job apparently) and found that there are two problems now.

#1 My finger stops moving at the break of the sear (nasty habit eh?), this fails to raise the transfer bar up high enough to engage the firing pin. (no mark on primer)

#2 The reduced power of the mainspring fails to impart enough inertia on the spring holding the firing pin. (found by snatch-firing or slip firing that I get a teeny mark on the primers)

Question. How do I best approach getting the transfer bar over the pin at release? I can take care of the springy issues.

Is there a better clone to work with or should I just learn this one? I'd also like to arrest the overtravel--and I'm not above putting a screw in the guard for that!

Comment: Safety features hinder natural selection.

Page generated in 0.05413 seconds with 8 queries