View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3
F. Guffey

TPCollins, there are discussions that are not allowed on reloading forums, I could say something like “Think about it” but that has never worked before, so?

I ask a question: What if you a reloader was able to measure a head space gage? Anyone that can measure a head space gage does not need a head space gage, if I had a head space gage I would use it as a transfer, I do not need a head space gage because I make transfers, my transfers are not go, no-go and beyond, I make transfers that are .012 thousandths shorter than a minimum length case from the had of the case to its shoulder to infinity in thousandths.

If a reloader could measure a head space gage they could measure the length of a new/factor/over the counter ammo to determine the length of the case from the head of the case to its shoulder, then they could ask themselves “My new cases when measured from the head of the case to its shoulder are minimum length/full length sized, why not use them as a standard?”

I never bought into the ideal head space? gages came from Mars, I make head space gages and transfers, I am not from Mars.

A good investment is made when purchasing L. E. Wilson gages, there is a limitation, users of the Wilson case gage can not measure a head space gage, the L.E. Wilson case gage is a head space measuring tool. I know that locked up a lot of reloaders, to be more clear, the Wilson case gage will measure the length of a head space gage from the head of the gage to the shoulder/datum in thousandths.

I know, I could say “Think about it” again, that has never worked before.

F. Guffey

For me to agree with mrawesome22 would make both of us wrong.

“The drop in gauges are to make sure the ammo will function in any gun ever chambered for that cartridge”

To think of the Wilson case gage as a drop-on gage is caused by the failure to read the Instructions, and curiosity, yes, a lack of curiosity, on another forum one very heavy poster was using the Wilson case gage as a chamber gage, the instruction read “this tool is not a chamber gage” he has not been civil to me since.

Page generated in 0.02605 seconds with 8 queries