View Single Post
Old January 17, 2005, 04:10 PM   #51
Para Bellum

I have a reason to practice shooting at a person

Bob, I used to think like you, but:

two months ago my business-partner was stabbed in the head by a schizoid-paranoid maniac until the knife broke. We are business-lawyers. No crime, no divorce files ever reach our firm. We never even dreamed of violence in our downtown business law firm.

The maniac wanted to become our client so that we could help him against all the people threatening him (schizoid-paranoid). We turned him down four times. The fifth time he came with his knife...

Strangely enough I (20yrs martial arts, ccp 9x19mm etc) happened to be 500km away that day. 364 days a year I would have been in the same room at the time the attach happened.

The maniac now faces a trial for attempted murder. They also could find him insane, send him to the puzzle factory instead of jail and let him loose after 3 years, when the find him "healed". Than he might well come again.

Until that day I considered my pistols and my unarmed self-defense-training a sport. Now I realized, that I might depend on it. As might my family and employees.

Last edited by Para Bellum; January 19, 2005 at 04:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries