View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 03:41 AM   #2
JT-AR-MG42

Googled Dardas and it reads like their loading advice concerning the M-die is sound.
I've never messed with the bolt rollers on a MP-5, but I have dealt with cast lube fouling on a G-3. Both are similar IIRC on the delayed blowback. Messy comes to memory.

M-die drawback for the volume reloader is the time involved and the type of press used. My 550 - 4 station - does not give me the option of using a separate flare die, only the powder drop flare die.

My experience with cast bullets in various blowback sub-guns is that the fouling created by the lubricant is not worth the cleaning time.

I remember carrying and shooting a M-10 with cast bullets in near freezing temperatures while out wandering around one day. Bolt was so sluggish from lube fouling that the only way I got it going again was with the use of oil taken from the dipstick on the rig.
Same fouling from cast with the Cutts on a Thompson. I used a razor blade to shave out the lead/lube from the slots.

My advice for the 9mm subgun would be for jacketed, or at the least, plated bullets. Gun will shoot much cleaner and reliably for extended periods.
I shoot lots of cast bullets. Just not in subs any more.

My .02, JT

Page generated in 0.02266 seconds with 8 queries