View Single Post
Old March 23, 2012, 10:03 AM   #7
output

That is just a very bad situation. The victim was clearly in condition white. By the time he was able to process what was going on it was already too late to do anything but comply, especially since there were so many assailants and his wife was present and unarmed.

This shows exactly why we should always be aware of our surroundings and somewhat alert (even more so when entering and exiting a vehicle, residence, or any structure.)

I noticed that the attackers came from the same direction the homeowner took when he was driving home. That corner was blocked by a fence so I could not see if the attackers were just standing on the street or sitting in a car next to the curb. If there was a group of 6-7 guys standing on the street just a few yards away from his driveway that should have alerted him as he was driving past them to pull in his driveway. If he saw them he should have kept driving and called the police or even parked up the block and watched them for a little while before just pulling into his driveway.

I would also add a security mirror to that fence if the owner would allow it. That is a very bad blind spot. Every garage that faces a walkway or alleyway should have at least one security mirror so you can see if people are walking past, hiding out, etc...

Page generated in 0.02239 seconds with 8 queries