Thread: Lazer sights
View Single Post
Old December 25, 2006, 07:43 AM   #10
NCHornet

Lazer sights can be quite useful in the right conditions, but you really get what you pay for. You can get a LS for $59.95, these are the tubes that hang on the bottom of the frame and everytime you shoot the gun they are knocked out of adjustment. I have a Baretta 92F Italian made, 10 years ago I bought the very best lazer sight on the market, just shy of $500, they have come down a lot since then. It is a rectangular box device that mounts solidly to the frame and also to the trigger guard, after hundreds and hundreds of rounds it has never lost it's point of aim. The negative is you can't find a holster to fit this type of device so one has to be custom made. Now we have the type that replace the guide rod on pistols and also the crimson trace which are in the grip. I have not shot these so I will leave the comments to those that have. Make sure you get a true daylight lazer, I have seen many that claim to be day light lazers but you have to wear yellow shooting glasses to see it, no thanks. I myself would want a on off switch and not grip activated, there are many situations where using a lazer could not be smart, and with the grip type they are on whenever your hand is on the grip. I am just now getting back into guns after 10 years and if you would like to know the maker of my sight I would be happy to dig it out of the safe and see.
Merry Christmas.

Page generated in 0.02411 seconds with 8 queries