Thread: Lazer sights
View Single Post
Old December 25, 2006, 07:15 AM   #9
BigV

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I have a Colt officers lightweight in .45 that I carry for personal protection day and night. I like the idea of the laser sight as an idiot proof aiming device in the heat of having to remove it from the holster.
(God forbid I would ever have to) but thats my reasoning and circumstance. I see Crimson Trace has two types of actuation buttons, which is more desirable/ practical? Thanks for the help here.
Crimson Trace make a great product. I have them on my Kimber Eclipse. The first set I purchased has the activation buttons on the sides of the grips. They were (in my opinion) difficult to activate. I sold them and purchased a new pair with the activation button on the front of the grips. This seemed more natural and made it easier to activate the laser by using a more natural grip. The laser is great for low light/no light situations. During bright daylight hours it is difficult to nearly impossible to see the laser.
With CT laser grips there is no modifications needed for you weapon and the laser is small and compact. I used the same OTW holster after the laser was put on.
As stated earlier, laser tend to develop bad shooting habits and poor sight-alignment, so practice without the laser and use it as a tool to help during certain situations.

Page generated in 0.01961 seconds with 8 queries