View Single Post
Old March 21, 2005, 06:19 AM   #1
Toby Bridges

New Wm. Malcolm Tube Scope

If any of you "old guys" (like me) are looking for a quality, yet affordable tube type scope for a black powder cartridge rifle (or traditionally styled muzzleloader for that matter), Leatherwood Optics has just what you are looking for. Jim Leatherwood has recently introduced a new-made copy of the Wm. Malcolm telescopic rifle sight of 1870-1880 design.

The scope comes complete with a set of excellent external adjustment mounts that allow the scope to be mounted to most BPCR barrels using the exisiting rear and front sight dovetails - requiring a minimum of gunsmithing.

I've done quite a bit of shooting with one of the scopes, which was mounted on an original .45-70 Sharps Borchardt, and was thoroughly impressed.

There is a report on my experiences with the new-made Letherwood "Wm. Malcolm" scope on my website at www.hpmuzzleloading.com.

If you've stayed away from mounting a scope on your favorite BPCR due to the high $1,000-plus price tag of a custom made telescopic tube sight, here is the solution. Price $419.00.

There should be more information on the scope published on the Leatherwood website later this week at www.leatherwoodoptics.com .

Toby Bridges

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries