View Single Post
Old December 7, 2014, 04:22 PM   #19
Dreaming100Straight

I wouldn't be too hard on Remington. I have the old 7 shot model 870 with the two round magazine extension and now and then when loading shell 5 the nose of shell 1 will catch on the lip of the extension. If the extension is carefully assembled, this usually isn't a problem unless the nose of shell 1 is ever so slightly misshaped. Perhaps mine is more of a problem than some, since it was dropped on a garage floor soon after I got the gun and I had to carefully remove a dent in the lip of the extension.

For me that is not a big deal, since it rarely happens and the chances of me ever needing the gun for hd purposes are very thin and, even then, it sits loaded with 6. Should more ever be needed, I imagine I may have to rely on keeping it stoked with no more than 4 in the tube should it hang up. I don't see that as being much of a problem.

However, were I more likely to need it for tactical purposes, I wouldn't find the 2+ extension model to be acceptable and would want the solid 6 round tube. I definitely would want the solid 6 round tube were I a cop.

Page generated in 0.02586 seconds with 8 queries