View Single Post
Old September 4, 2010, 05:00 PM   #5
B. Adams

Your permit is definitely good in South Dakota. As has been noted, we don't have formal reciprocity with many states, but we honor a permit from any state.

Just a note, the state capitol is defined as a county courthouse under state law, so carrying is off limits there.

I was under the impression that it was OK to carry a concealed handgun in a game preserve, so I checked the law. 41-5-7. It seems to affect only hunting guns, so unless you carry a scoped large-caliber handgun, I think you're OK. Although, you probably won't be visiting a game preserve on this trip....

Quote:
41-5-7. Hunting and carrying of firearms within preserve or refuge as misdemeanor. It is a Class 2 misdemeanor for any person to hunt within the limits of the boundaries of "the state game preserve," and any and all game and bird refuges now established or which may be hereafter established. It is a Class 2 misdemeanor for any person to carry any rifle, shotgun, or other hunting firearm across or upon any game preserve or refuge of the state, except as provided by § 41-5-8.

Source: SDC 1939, § 25.0904; SL 1965, ch 114; SL 1977, ch 190, § 547.

Page generated in 0.04060 seconds with 8 queries