View Single Post
Old June 8, 2009, 01:03 PM   #12
cloud8a

It was 11pm and we had spent 6 hours in a car with 3 kids.

My wife wanted to eat in the car because it had been years since she had Taco Villa and she did not want to eat it after we spent half an hour unloading the car. I do not have a problem eating in the parking lot. The possible threat was at the main entrance not out in the parking lot. I could watch the main entrance from where I was.

I did cancel my reservation for the next night and got a refund (we prepaid) and stayed at a much nicer hotel across town. We are not poor and we are not rich (but we used to be poor) so since we got our res. through Expedia we were in a tight place on a refund until I could get them on the phone the next morning.

I am not sending my wife in by herself to handle the desk business. The rooms were in my name with my card. I did not need extra confusion.

She knows how to use my XD, she has shot it on many occasion. She has no fear when it comes to protecting the family. Her responsibility to do so is the same as mine, and she knows that and more than willingly accepts that role.

all the kids were strapped in the back seat in a car seat or seat belt. they were as out of the way as they could have been. The kids knowing something that could make them act hysterical or unpredictable before the fact I feel is not a good Idea. I would rather they be ignorant of the situation and be in a "What just happened" after the fact. I don't want the kids grabbing my wife's arms and legs and screaming in terror before a situation.

It would have done no good for me to have the gun in the hotel lobby while the BG is breaking the drivers side window and driving off with my entire family out to the west Texas desert.

We did not know where another hotel was at that late moment. And we were not going to drive around Lubbock looking for the right one just because some jackwad was standing at this one acting funny. THAT I WHY I HAVE A GUN. If I left a location every time someone was acting strange I would have a hard time getting things done. THAT IS WHY I HAVE A GUN. so I can do my business around the sometimes American strange and shady and be secure in the fact that if strange and shady turns dangerous I have the tool to protect my life and the life of my family.

Last edited by cloud8a; June 8, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02339 seconds with 8 queries