View Single Post
Old February 27, 2018, 10:20 PM   #17
Northof50

Not certain if they will be around for your kids. I think Smith and Wesson owns them now, so they've got a good company behind them. The TC Contender was always the handgun hunters pistol. Many of the serious silhouette shooters used the Remington or Wichita platform if I remember correctly. The primary advantage [to the hunter] was the ability to change barrels and the ease of reloading for hunting. They are amazingly accurate firearms as you know. The big disadvantage was, due to their original design, they couldn't handle the larger cartridges the other pistols could. JD Jones capitalized on it by designing calibers/barrels that would exploit all the platform could offer - then went out an proved it hunting. He and Larry Kelly really pushed handgun hunting.

I think some of the novelty wore off with the Encore. Though a much more robust gun, the trigger was not as refined and the mystique of the single shot sort of went out the window, as you could now chamber anything.

I love mine and all the barrels. They are still among the most accurate firearms I own. I haven't hunted with a rifle in 20 years.

Page generated in 0.02882 seconds with 8 queries