View Single Post
Old February 6, 2013, 12:00 AM   #25
Colorado Redneck

It is extremely important to me that our kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews do not get their pea picking mitts on our guns and hurt themselves---or worse. I figure that IF somebody breaks in and we are asleep, the cats bailing off the bed will wake me up in time to jump out the window and run down the street screaming.

Making entry really difficult is the best first line of home defense. That way you probably will know if somebody is trying to get in, and that will provide time to react. Some guy in a neighboring city woke up in the middle of the night, hearing an intruder. He told the person he had a gun, but no answer, and the intruder kept moving around in the dark bedroom. Home owner shot at the intruder. The intruder turned out to be an extremely intoxicated young woman that was confused and only about 10% coherent. The shot hit her in the butt. She was charged with some goofy thing like criminal trespass. The home owner did not have his doors locked. This kind of stuff is about half humerous, but it is entirely too common that guns create unintended consequences.

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries