Thread: 30-06 Dies
View Single Post
Old January 17, 2006, 11:05 AM   #6
sundog

Mike, save your money and get a set of Deluxe Lee dies, the set that has a FL sizer, seater, collet neck sizer, and shell holder. You don't have a match chamber in an 03 if it's original 'as issued'. I've been using this set up for years with no problems. Cases have been fired many times and trimmed only at great intervals, if at all. To that end, at best most 03s are 2 MOA with issue sights and that's all the were ever intended to be. That doesn't mean you can't get them shooting really good, they're just not meant to be something that they are not. If you want consistent sub MOA and spend lots of money, you'll need a different rifle. That said, I have a scoped 03A3 sporter that will do consistent sub MOA, but it's bedded and had a Timney trigger. Action and bbl are original. I also have an older set of RCBS dies and a Redding neck sizer. All money spent thinking it would be 'mo betta'. It's not. The Lee Deluxe set is the best value. You didn't mention anything about brass. If you have been saving your brass fired in that rifle all you need to do is neck size, check for length, trim if needed, load and go on. Just one man's opinion, but I've been messing around with 03 for awhile. Put your savings into primer, powder, and bullet. sundog

Page generated in 0.03283 seconds with 8 queries