View Single Post
Old June 16, 2019, 11:01 AM   #20
44 AMP
Staff

Once said by Reagan, and I'm sure many others at different times and places..

"the problem with our opponents is not what they don't know, its that so much of what they do know, is wrong!"

I will heartily agree that anytime anyone else decides, for me, without even asking me, what I NEED, it is an opinion. Their opinion, and usually, wrong!

I'd be interested in seeing "facts" that define and identify what I "need". And what you need. And what several million other people "need".

There are two major fallacies when someone starts talking about "need" and banning or restricting something. The first is the obvious, opinion about what a person needs, and the second is the virtually automatic assumption that since "no one needs" it, it is ok (morally and legally) to ban it.

Here's an opinion, when one of them starts talking about needs and guns, ask them about needs and how much money they make. For the sake of a simple standard, I'm going to pick the legal minimum wage laws. Govt sets a standard, the minimum wage. This is what they say employers need to pay employees on order to live. SO, therefore, no one needs more money than that.

If its ok for them to ban an AR or magazine or whatever, because "no one needs it for …." then its ok for me to ban their money above minimum wage level, because no one needs it. (according to the US governments)

Wouldn't we all be better off?? Won't the CHILDREN be saved if the govt simply confiscated everyone's money above the minimum wage level?

Think of the lives we could save if people simply didn't have the money to buy a cell phone to text while driving? Or, for that matter, buy a car?

How about banning those high capacity assault vehicles, capable of easily and hugely exceeding the legal speed limit??
Better repeal the law of gravity, while you're at it, that way we could prevent all those deaths and injuries from falls....

If one is repeatedly shown facts that prove an opinion is false or at least incorrect, at what point does keeping that proven false opinion move from being a strongly held, though inaccurate opinion, to being a deliberate lie???

I have my own opinion on that. I'm sure their opinion on that is different than mine, too.

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries