View Single Post
Old June 16, 2019, 10:04 AM   #17
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleA View Post

Senators Murphy and Feinstein are NOT “mistaken” or “misinformed” they are lying.

I am very, very tired of this stuff continuing to show up in the main stream media.
In reality, they are just expressing their subjective opinions. Just like we do here. Kinda what makes the world so interesting. Are pro-gun FUDDS lying when they claim no one needs a mag capacity of more than 10 rounds? Nope, just expressing their opinion. Kinda what America is all about. Tired about hearing opinions that differ from yours? You probably need to quit listening.

Part of the problem I see here on these types of gun forums and elsewhere is the refusal by many folks to accept the fact that others have different opinions. Why we have so many threads based on caliber closed by mods. Or which gun for bear. Is that poster that thinks a .45ACP is sufficient for bear protection lying?

This problem to refuse to identify the difference between lies/the falsification of facts and an opinion is what can make us liars too. While I don't agree with the quoted statement in your OP, I understand where those folks get their opinion. From their emotions and life experiences. This is where we need to base our rebuttal from, not from the claim they are intentionally lying. We need to quit asking folks to respect our opinions while calling theirs.... nuttin' but lies! Facts supporting both sides of the argument are easily found. What we need to do is convince folks that one set supersedes the other. For the most part, we ain't never gonna convince that 20% of hard core antis in this country, they are wrong. Just like they are never gonna convince the 20% of hard core pro-guns folks they are wrong. We just need to not distance, offend or put off, the 60% of folks that are neutral to guns in our country, and are the ones that really control our present access to firearms. We do this by sound discussion and arguments......not by name calling and by lowering ourselves to the level of our opponents.

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries