View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 10:23 AM   #9
v65magnafan

Canadian Gun Registry Was (Is) An Expensive Farce

I reside in South Carolina, but I also have a residence in Ontario, Canada.

When in Canada, I instruct new shooters, instruct handgun safety class instructors and give Range Safety Officer Courses and Evaluations.

I have enough CWP's for about 41 states and I also have a the Canadian Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence--which takes months of classes, paperwork and background checks to obtain.

As well, along with all legal gun owners in Canada, I am run through the Canadian Police Information Computer every day. So I have FBI, SC SLED, County, CPIC, and Interpol clearance, but this is not enough to carry a firearm for self-defense in Canada.

Obtaining a carry permit in Canada is impossible--and listing self-defence as a reason for obtaining a restricted firearm (handgun) will disqualify you from having any kind of firearms licence. This is not the law--it's a bureaucratic decision made by Liberal-appointed bureaucrats.

I need separate printed authorizations from The Ontario Provincial Police to:
a) take my unloaded, locked, cased, trunk-locked handgun to my registered range.
b) take my handgun to a gunsmith
c) take my handgun to a retailer for trade-in or sale
d) pick up a handgun from a retailer and take it home
e) take my handgun to a U.S. border crossing or airport and back to my Canadian address.

My ammo purchases are recorded at the retail premises. Like the gun registries, this info is a gold mine for gun thieves.

Of course, criminals exempt themselves from this system.

That said, here's some info on the Canadian gun registries:

Handguns have been registered since 1934. None of the thousands of handguns possessed and carried by criminals are registered. For example, gang-related gun crime in Toronto is endemic, with three 15 yr old boys gunned down so far this year--along with the other gang shootings.

Several police officers have been gunned down because a computer check of the dwelling showed no registered firearms. Criminals do not register their guns.

The Long Gun registry was just scrapped--after costing Canadians $2,000,000,000. (Canada has 1/10th the U.S. population). It was incomplete, rife with errors, and hacked over three hundred times.

After it was scrapped, tens of thousands of Canadians got their shovels.

Does the U.S. Federal Government have hundreds of billions of dollars to set up a gun registry?
“One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time.” Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03058 seconds with 8 queries