Thread: 1911 question?
View Single Post
Old August 6, 2012, 09:24 AM   #20
CS86

Same Issue

I've had the same thing happen in my kimber 1911. I bought the gun used so I wondered if there might be a flaw with it. I haven't had lots of time to take it shooting but the first box I shot was round nose bullets. It did the exact same thing were it locked back on the last round and just left the bullet on top of the mag. I posted the same question and had others tell me to try a new mag and a new slide spring. I haven't had a chance to shoot the round nose bullets again with the new equipment, but I didn't have that particular problem with some reloaded 185 xtp bullets.

I'm not sure if this is the right analysis, but its like the mag (on the last round) locks the slide. I wonder if the slide might make enough contact (or there is enough recoil force) to the last round to pop it out of the mag. This happened with a Kimber and Colt mag. I bought a Chip McCormick but haven't had a chance to try it with the round nose bullets.

I also bought a new slide release with the extension so I could reach with my thumb, but I couldn't get it to fit because the gun grip came to far up. It prevented the release from going in all the way. I didn't want to try and modify the grip so I just kept the old one in.

Page generated in 0.04145 seconds with 8 queries