View Single Post
Old June 20, 2012, 05:40 PM   #13
James K
Member In Memoriam

Hi, gyvel,

That is my belief also, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't say it. I think Mitchell had production and marketing problems and also trademark problems as he called his repro a Luger, a no-no as Stoeger owns that name. (Note that Mauser, when they "resumed production" of the Luger with Interarms backing used the name "Parabellum", not "Luger" for the same reason.)

I didn't mention those pistols because the OP is looking for a Luger at a reasonable price, and those Interarms guns are bringing right good prices these days. You can get a very decent original Luger for what one of those brings and it would have historical value which the Interarms guns don't have.

That whole story was a lesson in not believing market surveys. Every survey Interarms ran showed enthusiasm for a "new" Luger; but when the guns proved to cost as much as original guns (naturally, they were literally "made the old-fashioned way"), all that enthusiasm for a modern Luger dried up. Sales were not bad but the investment never paid off and all concerned took a hit.

Jim

Page generated in 0.03193 seconds with 8 queries